Postdoctoral Position in Biostatistics/Data Science
The postdoctoral researcher will participate in the development of cancer clinical risk prediction tools integrating heterogeneous information from large diverse databases. They will perform 5 hours of teaching duties per week in German for TUM Mathematics and Statistics courses in the life sciences at the TUM Weihenstephan campus.
Ideal candidates have the following profile:
- completion of a PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Biometry, Applied Mathematics or Informatics;
- ability to program in the R statistical package;
- interest in working with large life science data sets, including image processing;
- fluency in German for motivating and teaching life science students;
- good English writing skills for international peer-reviewed publications;
- willingness to travel to the US and other destinations for international cooperation;
- interest in submitting grants for supporting research;
- excellent communication skills for teaching and collaborating in interdisciplinary teams.