Project Team Leader Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) 100%
Leading the Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) project team based in Pristina, Kosovo.
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of Swiss TPH provides policy advice, project design and management in the area of national and global health with the aim to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery.
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)'s Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) Project is implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute since it began in mid-2015 with an inception phase, followed by a four-year implementation phase. The second implementation phase of the project will start in January 2020. The aims are to strengthen the quality of primary care services, improve fact-based management at municipal and national levels, as well as to increase health literacy and foster community feedback mechanisms. In its first phase, the project has developed a variety of tools, some of which have been scaled-up nationwide. Others are being implemented across the 12 municipalities supported by the project, with some of the more complex ones still under pilot in a smaller number of municipalities. AQH phase II plans to influence the national level, and to further develop these tools, and disseminate them across the 12 project municipalities. It is also anticipated, that the number of project municipalities will be increased in phase II.
The project website http://www.aqhproject.org/ provides more information on AQH principles and current fields of work.
- To assure technical and managerial project planning and implementation
- To coordinate project related activities and ensure project progress, in collaboration with national and municipal authorities and key stakeholders
- To regularly consult with the Kosovo SDC office and closely liaise with other multi- and bilateral agencies as well as NGOs; to communicate/liaise with other SDC funded projects, and other Swiss TPH implemented projects in the region
- Contribute to the policy dialogue with governmental actors and SDC
- To conceptualise and oversee the planning and reporting of expert inputs
- To assure financial management and administration, regular financial and technical reporting to Swiss TPH, implementation responsibility and responsibility for the achievement of project outcomes
- To provide technical expertise in the areas of primary health care reform, health service management, Quality of Care, family medicine and Non-Communicable diseases, Integrated people centred care, continuous professional development, health education, community participation and health promotion
- To lead a national project team (currently 15 technical and administrative staff) at the AQH project office in Pristina
- To assure communication and media coverage of the project in coordination with SDC
You should have the following experiences and skills in:
- Formal qualification ideally in medicine, or health policy, health service management, epidemiology or a health related field (Master degree level). A postgraduate training in public health or an MBA is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in the field of public health and health reform in transition countries, the (Western) Balkans and/or Eastern Europe in at least one of the following technical fields: health system monitoring and evaluation, health planning and management, community health, primary care
- Working experiences with disadvantaged groups (e.g. the local ethnic minorities, vulnerable populations, people living below the poverty line) is a valuable asset
- Ability to communicate with high level policy makers and international partners
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of Albanian is an asset
Leadership skills and experience:
- Several years of leadership experience, preferably in a matrix organisation with flat hierarchies
- Proven project management experience of at least 5 years in comparable mandates with a financial volume of CHF 3 million and above
- Empowerment of employees by transparent communication, coaching and enabling
- Competence to create an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect
- Leading by example and representing the mission and values of Swiss TPH
- Effective negotiation, conflict management and communication skills
- Sharing own talent in order to thrive for success as a team
- Excellent relationship building in a multi-cultural context and influencing skills
- Demonstrated competence and experience in negotiation and liaising with authorities at national and local levels
We offer you
- Adequate and attractive remuneration / appropriate pay package
- Annual flights for home leave
- Work and participation in interdisciplinary and international teams
Please submit your application online via the link provided below with
- Motivational letter
- Salary expectations
- Writing sample (previous project report, evaluation report or others)
- Names and contact information (email or phone) of 3 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool:
Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
For additional inquiries please contact: Manfred Zahorka, project leader for AQH and direct supervisor at Swiss TPH: Manfred.email@example.com
Start Date: 1 November 2019
Location: Pristina, Republic of Kosovo
Duration: Project based (4 years)
Andere Anzeigen des Arbeitgebers
PhD positions – International Max Planck School for Chemistry and Physics of Quantum Materials
International Max Planck Research School for Chemistry and Physics of Quantum Materials Deutschland
PhD Position, VR/AR Headphone Technologies
PhD-Student position in Lab "Translational Diabetes"
University of Basel Basel
Doctoral student Marie-Sklodowska Curie programme Community careDouble doctoral degree University of Basel (CH) University of Leuven (BE)
University of Basel Basel
Student research assistant 10 hours per week in leukemia research
University of Basel Basel