Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS)
The Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) at the University of Mannheim offers excellent opportunities for highly motivated students with a quantitative orientation to pursue their doctoral degree in Business, Economics and the Social Sciences.
Within our three Doctoral Centers we offer 11 PhD Programs:
Profit from an internationally recognized teaching and training concept, which will lay the foundations to become an independent researcher. Our focus is on empirical and quantitative methods and their application to Business, Economics, and Social Sciences. Conduct research in a unique environment across the program disciplines. Our courses are taught by respected faculty members and enhanced by excellent libraries and resources.
The research results by our students and graduates are regularly published in the leading journals and our graduates have undertaken distinguished careers in academics, industry, and government. Many of them are currently enriching some of the best departments and research facilities worldwide as professors, assistant professors or post-docs.
Rankings of the University of Mannheim:
- #1 in Germany for Business, Economics and Social Sciences – QS University Rankings
- #1 in Germany, #4 in Europe and #20 worldwide in Business and Economics – Times Higher Education Ranking
- All PhD Programs in English
- Benefit from generous monthly scholarships
- Engage with internationally recognized professors
- Gain new insights from research stays with partner universities worldwide
- Take advantage of your office space in a brand new building
- Enjoy your personal new laptop and software
- Profit from our skills courses such as teaching, academic writing and presenting
- Boost your career options with dedicated job market training
- No tuition fees – government funded first-class education
Please visit our website for full details about the programs and admission requirements.